View Single Post
Old 08-26-2003, 01:27 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Nick Van Exel playoff myth

There are so many valid points in this thread..many of which I've tried to bring up on numerous occasions.

1. when NVE gets going, he takes a ton of shots and stagnates the offense
2. nve had a great streak during part of the playoffs
3. NVE was probably the second best player in the playoffs behind dirk
4. nve's perimeter defense makes the mavs interior defenders look like Ben Wallace in comparison
5. Golden State was screwed in the trade
6. Hitman's statement regarding the idiotic statements saying that the mavs didn't address their main weaknesses...defense and rebounding.

some things, I don't think you've heard come out of my mouth but were great comments
1. when nve leads the team in scoring, the mavs typically don't win at a high clip. (this kinda goes along with the first #1
2. NVE did appear to vocally oppose Nellie's loser mentality. I think most of the rest of the team did as well, but just not publicly

some things worth repeating that I've said that haven't been mentioned in this thread.
1. NVE is a 40% shooter. The chances of him putting together another run like he did in the playoffs this past year are not likely. The chances of him putting together another run like he did last year in the playoffs in next years playoffs are slim to none.
2. The mavs will play much less small ball without NVE
3. The mavs needs made NVE look like a huge luxury and by no means a necessity.
4. Najera is overrated
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote