View Single Post
Old 08-28-2003, 02:17 PM   #12
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 8/28 ESPN Insider - Grading the Midwest !!

I think the reason we got a B+ as opposed to an A- is the fact that we gave up one proven player in return for one proven player. He did give us credit for getting bigger and younger with Jamison. The great thing about our trade is that we have the potential to get 3 really good young players for 1 ageing player. Obviously this wasn't factored in the grade, but I understand.

S.A.'s moves were solid but not spectacular. Hedo is the X-factor. He's a good player, but he sulked when the brought in J.J. last year and never recovered. If they give him playing time he'll be their best off season move. I'm glad S.A. signed Nesterovic, I always thought he was a stiff. He's no better than an old Robinson. Factor in the loss of Jackson and I think we should be graded higher then them. He was erratic, but he hit some huge shots last year. Of course everybody seems to be a better player when playing with Tim Duncan.

It's hard to argue that Minn. improved themselves the most, but they had to.