View Single Post
Old 09-07-2003, 07:04 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Doc's Shots......Cowboys Season Opener vs. Atlanta

Opening weekend. This is the favorite time of year for all football fans. Each team has the exact same statistical shot at the Super Bowl. As diehard fans, we all think maybe...... just maybe…....there is a freaky chance…deep in the back of our subconscious minds....that we might be seeing the beginning of a Super Bowl run. Even Bengal fans have hope…right up to the kickoff. The Cowboys kickoff came and went and we all have endured out personal highs and lows and now understand where our favorite team stands for the long run. All I can say is.....ugh.

Who wouldn't trade Billy Cindiff for a bag of rubber doggie doo right about now? At least we can sell the doggie doo or get a little enjoyment out of the many potential pranks it affords.

What happened from the first quarter to the rest of the game?

The Cowboys came out with a swagger that I haven't seen since the playoff years…the kind of attitude we haven’t seen since the days of Jimmy Johnson…the kind of attitude that only Parcells can demand. It was apparent in the first quarter but slowly faded into the half.

Do you think Warrick Dunn has ever regretted leaving the Buccaneers over a few more bucks?

You know I will have a lot to say about Qspare, Qtard, Qcrappy...yes...Quincy Carter. After a pretty solid first quarter plus, he mentally broke down in the second quarter. Two not-even-close overthrows followed by a forced interception earned Qcrappy a well-deserved ass chewing by Parcells. You could read Parcells lips “That was f*cking stupid”. In the next possession after the interception, he missed several “easy” throws in the drive including a toss to Dan Campbell that would have been an easy touchdown had Qcrappy not thrown it behind Campbell. The guy buckled under pressure and failed in the second quarter. In the second half, Qspare came out with a fizzle. He continued to suck and suck badly. He made numerous mental gaffs and Parcells said words that no man's momma should have to hear being said to her son. Carter finally settled down a bit and made what I though was a really nice pass to Galloway for a 49 yard touchdown in the fourth quarter. Troy Aikman was not so kind. Aikman commented that Carter missed the pass, that it was thrown short and behind. Even I am not going to nitpick that pass so severley. I thought it was the nicest spiral he has thrown in years and it hit the mark for a touchdown. Still....Qspare has a long way to go to even reach respectability. If he can just not lose games due to mental breakdowns and his propensity to throw passes that make ducks horny we could be ok. I fear it is going to be a long year. I mean…who can we replace him with??? Hutch? Ugh. Is that Brunell trade offer still on the table?

Let’s get Larry Allen some rest. The man is one of the best of all time. He needs to heal to be effective and we need him badly. We are so much better with him in the lineup.

The over/under on Qspare ass chewings for next week has been set at 37 by Las Vegas. Check your local bookie for updates.

Position Announcement:
<u>Kicker for the Dallas Cowboys</u>
Must not play like a girl. Enjoys pressure.
Gets elevation on all kicks. Isn't afraid of his own shadow.
Loves pressure.
Call 1-800-not-a-wimp or visit www.dallascowboys.com for the official posting and benefits package.

Nice fumble on the first drive of the second half. Carter sucks. It says a lot to me that Hutchison is worse than Qtard and gets that much money. It tells me Jerry Jones is an idiot. First he burns a #2 on a shitty qb, then he overpays for another shitty qb. As one of the more respected posters on this site once said.....shit+shit=shit. We can expect a long season folks. I sure hope Parcells can prevent Jones from making further similarly horrific additions to this team.

Cason. Greatness today. Can we get him some more carries? Please. Pretty please????

Joey Galloway gets the one and only Dallas gameball. Joey could still be a playmaker if he could only play with a quarterback that could throw. What an incredible effort today bu Galloway. He played with heart and spirit and could not have been asked to do more. Well done Mr. Galloway.

You know what? I saw something that really pissed me off today. With only 2 minutes or so left in the game, the cameras caught Hutch laughing on the sidelines. I hope the Cowboys fine his butt for that garbage.

Some people search for Bobby Fisher. Can you look for Terry Glenn while you are at it?

I had to laugh at JayC during the gameday thread when he said this offense looked worse than Coslets. Not because it was funny, but because I felt his pain and frustration and laughing was better than throwing my keyboard through the television.

Alge Crumpler is a very good tight end.

Parcells was caught smiling by the television cameras after Casons 63 yard touchdown run. Anyone else get the feeling that it won’t happen again all year?

Greg Ellis never quit. He unloaded on Doug Johnson early in the fourth and played hard all game long.

Andrew Gurode was solid. I watched him exclusively for numerous plays and never saw him miss an assignment. His only black mark came on a stupid facemask penalty.

Hello Newman. Nice to see a potential shut down corner in action. I thought he played a pretty good game.

Doug Johnson did what Qspare could not. He didn’t lose the game. His decision making was pretty solid and he made some great throws after building up his confidence.

Hambrick played a solid first half. Seriously. I have been on his butt all off season but he played a nice first half. He still doesn’t show that killer ram it down their throats mentality, but he ran better than we all probably expected.

No offense intended Mr. Parcells, but you got outcoached by Dan Reeves.

Our defense came out like gangbusters.....the second half was a different story. Is the habit of losing instilled in some of these guys? Is it time to clean house and get guys in here that don't expect a losing season? There were many positives in the defensive effort today, but few were found in the second half. When your offense cannot move, your defense pays the price of playing long minutes. It happened to the Cowboys D today.

How long has it been since you watched a Cowboys special teams unit play a complete game without a penalty? It happened today. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

DB’s were great ! Lynn Scott even made an all-star quality defensive play. If people underestimate this guy, he might knock their head into the middle of next week. The guy can make contact and appears to enjoy it greatly.

Dexter Coakley. What were you thinking on that Warrick Dunn touchdown?

Tex Schramm missed his first Cowboys game ever. We will miss Tex. Rest in Peace.

I am use to seeing Bill Parcells coached teams field quality special teams units. Today, the cowboys had ZERO punt return yards. Not so impressive until you consider that the Falcons punter averaged over 5 seconds of hang time. That is just sick. How could you return punts with that kind of hang? The other special teams units were ok even if unspectacular.

When Bill Parcells came to Dallas he made the comment that the easiest way to improve a bad team was by improving the special teams. Have we done that?

Billy “Can’t Kick” Cundiff. Wide right. Blocked PAT. Is there a junior high kicker available on the waiver wire? Credit aexchange for coining the moniker….Billy Cundwhiff. LOL!

Quincy Carter sucked hard today. What does crow taste like again?

This has nothing to do with the game, but on Atlantas last touchdown, did you happen to catch the PAT? There was Rowdy, the cowboys mascot, making us all proud by presenting his backside and digging in his butt during the kick like he was digging for gold. Sheesh…not even Rowdy is in gameday form.

The defense wore down. When the offense goes three and out you just get tired.

I love the potential of our DB's.

Some select Grades:

Joey Galloway - A+
What else could I give him? The guy was great today.
7 catches for 139 yards, a 19.9 yards per catch average and a touchdown. He should have had another touchdown but for a stupid penalty.

Aveion Cason - A-
Great effort today.
2 carries for 77 yards and a touchdown
2 receptions for 29 yards
2 kickoff returns for 30 yards

Andrew Gurode - B+
Would have been an A if not for a stupid drive busting facemask penalty.

Troy Hambrick - B-
14 carries for 58 yards and a 3.8 yards per carry average.
3 receptions for 16 yards.....no touchdowns
One helluva nice backside block

Qspare - D-
Made some nice passes, but his mental softness just does not allow for a better grade. Stupid ass fumble to set the tone on the first drive of the second half and the overthrows, underthrows, behind the route throws, etc cannot be overcome wiht a couple of nice throws.
15 0f 32 for 268 yards and a 8.38 yards per catch average. UGLY. A fumble, an interception and only one touchdown.
4 rushes for 11 yards? I thought this guy was supposed to be a scrambling type QB. I know he is, but he needs to realize that he can run and not throw the pass. He had at least 3 opportunities in the fourth to gain major yards by running and forced up stupid and extrtemely bad passes. He MUST get better.

OK...I've thrown out a few of my thoguhts....jump on in. We are i nfor a damn long season and it might be a bad year to be a Cowboys fan.

Ugh. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote