View Single Post
Old 09-12-2003, 04:41 PM   #61
Jeremiah

Jeremiah will become famous soon enough
Default Does anyone have a problem with me on this site?

Quote:
Originally posted by: WayOutWest
Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
maybe people aren't offended by joking about others hiring someone to knock someone off. if not, so be it.

however, several were offended by your racial joke. Even if it is a joke, it is uncalled for.

Thanks for the advice Murph. I guess it was pretty obvious NOT to joke around about racism seeing as how jokes about murder and child molesters are ok. Silly me. [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]
you're going to get ripped if you make jokes that are racist or appear racist. Whether it's right or not really isn't the issue, and you'll probably exhaust yourself trying to argue how right or wrong it is - because that's the way it is around here. What is the issue is that some people were offended by the behavior, and some of them spoke up about the behavior. It's an issue of acceptable behavior, and if you didn't know before, you should know now that the type of behavior you exhibited is not acceptable to many that frequent this website. In contrast, making jokes about hitmen and child molestation, as you have pointed out, appears to be acceptable behavior to many that frequent this site, if by nothing more than their silence. If you don't accept that behavior, then that is your opportunity to speak up - perhaps then others will as well, and such behavior will be deemed unacceptable.

So what does this all mean for you? The way I see it, you have two options: 1) you can continue to complain about the unfairness and inconsistency of acceptable behavior and run up against the brick wall which are strong willed people, or 2) you could accept that you did something that people that frequent this site accept, acknowledge that, and move on.

Oh, and my tone is not intended to be that of patronization, but rather explanation. Hope that helps.