View Single Post
Old 09-28-2003, 01:35 AM   #38
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default Dr. Z has DABoys at number 13 in his latest power rankings for cnnsi

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nicky31
QCarFan,

10-6 is pretty outragious considering their schedule. My prediction is 8-8 for the season if they are lucky, but not having a solid running game is one indicator of a horrible season. Dallas will win against the Jet's this week, but I feel the chemistry is not there enough this season for them to be a playoff team just yet. I do believe that Bill will get the Cowboy's turned around, and their last game against the Giant's was a big indicator that play calling will be alot better when the game is on the line.

Looking back at the schedule, I can see why someone would predict a 10-6 season. Lets look at some games :

Jets - They have a chance.
Arizona - Should win.
Eagles - It depends. If the same Eagles team that we have seen the previous 3 weeks come out to play I see no reason why the Cowboys have no chance to win.
Buccaneers - Loss.
Washington - Should be a loss. If we do win I expect a win like we got from the Giants a week ago.
Bill - Loss.
Miami - Loss.
Eagles - Same as above. Maybe a loss.
Washington - Same as above. We won't win the series between them 2-0 but we could snag a 1-1.
Giants - I doubt we pull another win from them but it's possible.
Saint-s Win.

I predicted a 8-8 record but if they beat the teams they should beat they may get no less than a 7-9 record. Anything is possible in this league. All it takes is one offseason to become a playoff contender and all it takes is a off season to become a non playoff contender. 10-6 seems a bit much but I can see why soemone would predict it.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote