View Single Post
Old 10-03-2003, 06:50 PM   #4
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default 10/3 ESPN INSIDER - Who's overrated and who's underrated

I agree with most of what he said. Ray Allen has always been under the shadow of someone know he can be a star on seattle. The dude is only 27 and he put up something like 27 points 7 rebounds and 7 assists after the trade for seattle. The deal should have happened much sooner.

Quote:
Overrated? Lebron James, G/F, Cavs -- Even if James averages 20 ppg, 6 rpg and 6 apg, there will be someone out there disappointed. This isn't a knock on his talent or work ethic. Both are stellar. But the expectations are just out of control. There's only one Michael Jordan. And as a string of posers will (Vince Carter, Jerry Stackhouse, Grant Hill) will tell you -- it's no fun playing in his shadow.
He is exactly right the expectations are gigantic all that really is for sure is that he will help a lot of nba teams make some moola.

[quote]
Point Guard

Steve Francis will be asked to share the ball more this season.

Overrated? Steve Francis, Rockets -- Rudy Tomjanovich let Francis do whatever he wanted and he's put up terrific numbers in Houston the past few years. That's about to change. New head coach Jeff Van Gundy wants to turn the Rockets into an inside, out team, which means that Francis isn't going to try to take his man off the dribble every time down the court. My guess is his numbers will slip and there will be some serious pouting on the bench.

Underrated? Tony Parker, Spurs -- He's 21 years old, already has a championship ring and takes an extraordinary amount of abuse. I'm not sure that Parker is a Top 5 point guard in the league, but he does what coach Gregg Popovich asks him to do and it works. My guess is that if he were to move to a team that ran the floor more, he'd put up sensational numbers. If he's improved this much in his first two years in the league, what's he going to look like when he's 25?[\Q]

He hit the knail on the coffin. Stevie pass the ball please he would be a much better two guard then point guard.

Geez he hit the knail on the coughin about Donnovan he gets way too much credit when they win. I am a Rush fan but his statements were too powerful for television for a second he thought he was on his radio show. As if other media types haven't made racial tones eg. Charles Barkley continues to think Finley is the best player on the team just because of his great athletic ability because hes black. On the other hand he thinks Dirk is just a good scorer. Let the double standard continue.

Another eg. would be when Reggie White made comments on how Gays would go to hell. Didn't get lambasted for those statements know did he.

Or what about spree he choked his coach even tried to kill him. Which it would have been if not for the NBA. And a year later he was praised as a hero. And in the same breath John Rocker great closer at the time said insentive racist remarks but they weren't illegal he gets hell for it. Rather he got misquoted or not. Unfair.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote