View Single Post
Old 03-19-2001, 10:18 AM   #8
IZZO

IZZO is on a distinguished road

yeah, i remember those two games. but i can also remember countless bad shot attempts by finley in key situations. he's a great player and he's becoming more of a team player (which is awesome for the mavs). but, if i need someone to knock down a shot, i go with nash or dirk. both of them are better at driving to the hole. dirk is better at getting to the free throw line..and both are better outside shooters.
finley's an awesome player, but i don't even think he's one of the top two most valuable players on this team. I think dirk has just completely taken over control of this team on so many occassions (especially since the all star break). Yes, dirk, nash, finley, howard, and a shawn bradley playing solid defense are all imperative to this teams success. But, without dirk or without nash, i think this team struggles to get above .500 winning percentage.
just my hot sports opinion. but look around the league, teams are terrified of dirk now. i think they now recognize him as the man in Big D