Thread: Derek Jeter
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2003, 04:30 PM   #14
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all
Default RE:Derek Jeter

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
put a player in clutch situations all the time and they will come up clutch from time to time. Jeter is a good hitter so it makes sense that he comes up clutch in key situations at a decent clip.

and yeah, he almost hits for the same average as Nomar year in year out..but the power numbers aren't comparable whatsoever. jeter 'might' be a better fielder. He certainly has less errors but I don't think there's too much of a difference in the field between the two.

so, sure, you could come up with an argument to say that jeter is almost as good as nomar.
but this is a little extreme:
Quote:
but as far as an all around player, Jeter has no peer.
fair enough...check that....

more like "few peers"

he is not overrated, however. the casual fans look at him and think "hey, this guy only hit 10 homers...he sucks." the reality is far different to anyone who has watched the guy play over the last 7 years. He has left me shaking my head in absolute amazement more times than could possibly be counted.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote