View Single Post
Old 10-18-2003, 07:30 PM   #1
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold
Default Huge doping scandal in US sport.

I didn´t find anything about it in the US media so far, but it seems like the US sport is in for a big big doping scandal. There is a drug called Tetrahydrogestrinone (THG, a steroid) that was produced in the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative. Appearently all of the customers of that company where tested and 40 - 50 of them seemed to be positive. Among the athletes that were tested are Barry Bonds, Marion Jones, Tim Montgomery, Kelli White and Bill Romanowski. No telling so far who was tested positive but since there where so many positive cases the names mentioned might have been positive as well. Sorry I don´t have any more info so far but the story is fairly new and that´s how it is passed in the german and the whole eurpean media.

Not trying to stirr up anything here. It´s just that I allways thought something like this would happen. I said it here more then once. Right now the names are just rumors (I didn´t make them up though, I just posted the names that were mentioned in the media) but the testing did happen and there were 40 - 50 positive athletes most of them stars and superstars out of the pro leagues, track and field and cycling.

Here are two links to a german newsmag where the drug the testing and the names are mentioned:

Link
Link
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote