Thread: My main concern
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2003, 01:58 PM   #3
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road
Default RE:My main concern

Nice post hitman. I totally agree with you. But it might help if other teams don't know that, if you know what I mean? It can be good for them to not know where the fire is going to come from. But Dirk needs to be established as a super star for this team to get anywhere.

Quote:
The Portland Trailblazers never won because they had TOO much talent. There was no clear cut leader, and that is one of the reasons they blew that 15 point lead to the Lakers some years back. You need to have a franchise player in this league.
I disagree with this though. Why do people think the Mavs have too much talent but the Lakers are lock because they are stacked with great players? The problem wioth Portland is really that they got rid of a great coach rather than getting rid of a cancerous player(Rasheed). If your best player is a complete moron like Sheed then you are screwed. But too much talent? Not a problem imo. especially if you keep rotating certain player like the Mavs have. Like if we had kept Nick he probably would have become a problem. If we were to keep Antoine too long he would probably become a problem as well. I don't think Toine will be here long term. I do think Jamison will be a Mav for life though.
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote