View Single Post
Old 10-21-2003, 06:32 PM   #9
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Concern over expansion draft

Quote:
Originally posted by: Blonde Bomber
Can someone please explain to me how this expansion draft works next year?

How many players can you protect? 8?

Whenever a player is taken off your roster can you then take back any of the other players on our roster or can the Bobcats just raid the bottom end of our roster...

I'm guessing we don't have to protect anybody with contracts ending after this year, like Best.

If Nash opts out of his contract can he be left off the list?

I would hate to lose a young kid like Daniels or maybe even Najera if he's not protected.

If we can protect 8 who would they be? I'm leaving off Nash because of his opt out and Best because of his one year deal.

1. Nowitzki
2. Finley
3. Antawn
4. Antoine
5. Bradley
6. Howard
7. Fortson
8. Najera

that leaves Daniels, TAW, Delk, and Stefansson.

I would not be to worried about losing ant of them accept Daniels, but if we have to put Nash on the list that would leave two pretty good players or prospects open to be snatched up by Charlotte.
I don't think the Bobcats would think twice about taking Marquise Daniels off our hands, that kid has a bright future.

Thoughts?
I´d rather protect Delk instead of Najera. There wasn´t much talk about Delk after the trade, but he´s a player. I think he´ll get a fairly high spot in the rotation. He´ll probably see more minutes then Best cause he can backup both guard positions.

Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote