View Single Post
Old 10-28-2003, 10:23 PM   #1
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default Help the Mavs, help d-m.com, help DJ, help get rid of my fat @$$

Earlier this month I created the What would you give for a Mavs championship? thread. I've thought about this long and hard and come up with what I'd give up. I really don't think that it will help the Mavs. But it can help out the board and DJ who is the primary source of funds to support the board and who has given us this great board to talk about the Mavs. It will also help me personally, though I'll have to sacrifice greatly.

Here's the deal. I had surgery earlier this year for sinuses. It took several months to recover enough to go back to work and even then I've not been well enough to be very active. I needed to lose some weight before the surgery and afterwards I've put on even more. I'm up to about what Shaq weighed last year, 380 give or take a few pounds. Only I'm only 6'4" and believe me it's not all muscle. This is a big health problem for me. So I'm going on a weight loss program. It'll be some diet, some diet pills, and a lot of exercise. I've got a setup at home with an elliptical machine in front of the TV so I can watch Bball and workout. I'm willing to pledge to donate $1 to the board for each pound I lose. Ideally I'd like to get to 220. I don't expect to get there but that's a cap of 160 lbs. I'd like to invite you all to support me in losing the weight and if you want to pledge to donate an amount to DJ for each pound I lose. You can just donate a set amount. This is a serious health probem for me. I'd really appreciate any support you all can give me.

My goal is to at least lose 1 lbs for each Mavs regular season and playoff victory this year. Ideally 98. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'll have to lose the rest during the off season and next season.

This is a serious matter and literally is life and death for me so I would appreciate keeping any flames out of this thread. Jokes will be appreciated though.

Anybody else who needs to lose a few lbs is welcome to join in. The more (people that is) the merrier. The only exception is Sweets. I don't want to be responsible for shortening her life span. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] (See When will you die? thread for details).

I started tonight with 1 hour elliptical workout, taking diet pills, and did an initial weigh in. I'll report periodically.