View Single Post
Old 11-04-2003, 12:51 PM   #3
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Believing in Quincy???

The thing about Quincy Carter was that last year he was lazy and took things for granted. His reputation was cemented as a poor player. He will have to earn his way out of the doghouse with Cowboys fan who have long been known to hold their quarterback to a higher standard. The long line of excellence at QB in Dallas history demands it. The fans demand excellence. Qcar has not provided that yet.

From last season to this season, he has made terrific strides in his preparation by all accounts. He is working on films, working on his techniques, etc. He didn't do that last year. Parcells ripped into him early into his tenure and Carter has responded. I still think he has a LONG way to go to be a respectable NFL QB. For the Cowboys to win, Carter needs to be the guy who doesn't lose you the game. Parcells still gets on him for his many mental lapses during games, but he has reduced those quite a bit as well. If he can continue to improve he will probably be good enough to play QB for the Cowboys on a champion quality team. However, if he continues to toss up interceptions at this rate, it might be enough to get Parcells looking for the next QB.

Only time will tell, but so far he is improving and that is enough for now. I predicted a 7-9 year in a pick 'em contest. I think now the Cowboys will be 9-7. It should be enough for a playoff bid and should be enough to instill some team wide confidence for next year. This is no Superbowl quality team. That won't happen this year. But, give Parcells all the credit in the world for this turnaround. It is him and all him. This is basically the same team as last years shitty team under Campo and Coslet who destroyed the teams ability to win.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote