View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 11:23 PM   #144
mavs_afroman

mavs_afroman is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Mavs vs Raptors Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Just saw Nellie on the post game show. When asked if Dirk got the shots he needs down the stretch, he said that on a couple of ocassions he called Dirk's play, but Dirk didn't go to the area. Nellie said he may have been tired and wanted someone else to take the shot. Dirk may have been pissed by that point. Again, if he doesn't have problems in that locker room, he will soon.
This is all getting way too weird. He's hot in the 1st half but can't get a touch in the 3rd. Then Nellie says they called his play but he wasn't in position and may have wanted someone else to take the shot. That really doesn't sound like the way things went last year especially by the end of the seaon.

Somethings just not right. The game before Dirk looked like he could really care less. Finley has been off before, but not like this normally. I think the mavs have made one too many trades for Nellie to handle. This team is still the Big 3's team but I thnk Nellie is too caught up in this Big 5 thing and I don't think the Big 3 are too happy about it. They've all struggled somewhat so far. At least with Nash playing, he has the ball enough to control who gets the ball and where but without him both Finley and Dirk have started looking more and more unhappy.

Unless the Mavs find a way to get Kobe, T-mac, Shaq, or Duncan, 10 shots or so is not enough for finley and giving dirk the ball one half of a game but freezing him out the next is not going to get it either. Nellie has to find a way to get them the ball. This Big 5 crap has more than anything just taken the ball out of the hands of our best scorers who have had us 1st in scoring the last 2 yrs.

Antoine and Antawn could be great if nellie uses them play around the Big 3 but the Big 5 is overcrowded and has been a huge hindrance thus far.