View Single Post
Old 11-11-2003, 12:14 PM   #43
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Which big man should the Mavs pursue in the offseason?

I'm with you. I'd rather sign Mihm for nothing than give up Walker for Ilgauskas.

I'd also like to take issue with the point made that Igauskas is a good interior scoere. He is horrid.

Look at his stats, he shot 44% from the field last year. Two years ago he shot 42%. For a center, those numbers are not only inexcusable, they are indefensable. I do not want to feed my center the ball 20 times a game, when he shoots worse five feet from the basket than my guards do from three-point range! Add that to the fact that he is a below average rebounder for a center (he hasn't had a double digit rebounding game YET, this year), his less-than desirous low post defense, and his tendency to absolutely disappear every other game, and I don't know if I would want him on the court at all.

Take away Z's minutes and his shot attempts, and he looks very, very pedestrian - maybe even less than pedestrian. Mihm is no low post stud by any means, but at least we don't need to package an all-star in order to get him.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote