View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 06:29 PM   #47
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:If the season ended today, would Quincy Carter's job be safe?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
The 'boys are 23rd in the NFL in PPG. So, apparently Carter isn't doing a very good job of marching the cowboys down the field for scores. No, the running backs aren't doing a great job either.

However, if not for the the defense repeatedly giving the Cowboys great field position throughout this year by totally shutting down other offenses, I'd be willing to bet that the offense would be ranked near the very bottom of the NFL in PPG.

The Cowboys biggest weapon on offense has been the defenses ability to hold opponents to a minimal amount of yards week after week after week.

In order to win games in this league you have to scorep oints. I don't care if the defense allows the opposing team no points the offense must atleast put 3 points on the score board to win the game. I count that as a win. Doesn't matter how many points Quincy scores just matters he puts enough points up there to win us the game.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote