Thread: Stickman
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2003, 11:34 AM   #56
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Stickman

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
and chumdawg, what Nellie said in the DMN isn't necessarily the same thing that hewas saying before Bradley put together two great back to back games. His tune suddenly changed.

I'll see if I can find the exact quote, but it was something similar to 'bradley needs to get in gear and finally start contributing'. It was on Norm's show on the ticket, so I'll have to see if there's a link up to it. However, at that time, Nellie did not give any indication that Bradley's lackof playing time was due to recovering from an injury. It appeared that Nellie was not happy with Bradley's play up to that point.
You may be right. Here's the DMN quote:

"Just when we get him playing well, and I think he's going to be a factor, and now he's out again. Hopefully, it's not too long, because then you have to do the conditioning thing again. But he's actually helped us in a couple of games now."

So he does say that only just now is he "playing well." But he does say "again" when talking about the conditioning thing. Granted, he sounds surprised that Bradley has "actually helped."

Here's one from the Star Telegram:

"Without Shawn Bradley [sprained left knee] in the middle, we are a very small team," Nelson said. "[The Blazers] did what they were supposed to do: try to beat us up inside, rebound and throw the ball inside."

At least he's thinking of Shawn as a potential way to stop that sort of nonsense!

One more from Star Telegram:

"Just about the time he starts playing well and I think I can use him, then I find out he can't play," Nelson said. "It's a kick in my teeth, but I'll have to deal with it."

It's clear that he didn't think he could use him before. I'm just not sure it's clear exactly why (condition or performance). I think it's also clear that he's disappointed not to have him at the moment.

Who knows. Maybe we'll see more of the STICKMAN soon after all.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote