Thread: Stickman
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2003, 12:32 PM   #62
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Stickman

Quote:
We still have fortson. I like fortson in there agaisnt some of the West's big men before i do Bradley
Fortson was obliterated by Sheed and Thomas in the Portland game. He was pummeled by Shaq in the Lakers game. He's not the answer.

On the other hand, Shawn has shut down the low post scoring in at least two games this year. Any time he gets significant minutes, the low post scoring stops. Just check out his last two games against Memphis and Houston. Those teams just happen to have two of the best low post scorers in the business, and neither could get anything going against the Mavericks with Shawn in the game. And your comment about Bradley not having success against other Western conference centers is dead wrong. He has trouble with Shaq, but no more trouble than anyone else in the league. He certainly does better than Fortson, who's a half foot shorter, weaker, and less athletic than the big Diesel. I've seen Shawn frustrate and confuse Shaq at times, which is all you can really ask for against a guy like Shaq.

Bradley has always played well against Duncan, always. I can't really think of a guy who plays him better. In fact, last year Nelson called Bradley's defense on Duncan "the best he's seen". I don't remember the exact stat line, but Shawn stifled him to the point where Duncan couldn't score more than than around 15 points and didn't reach doubke digit rebounds before being forced out of the game in the fourth quarter with a minor injury.

The Mantis may not look pretty, but he is extremely effective against any team that relies on a traditional low post offensive game. Where he's not effective is in games against teams with a lot of shooters, or good low post passers, who make the Mavericks pay for going zone. Obviously he's not going to get time against someone like Sacramento. But your suggestion that Shawn is innefective against other Western Conference teams shows me that you haven't been watching him very closely. (and your childish namecalling shows me that you may be intellectually incapable of appreciating good basketball, even if you tried)
madape is offline   Reply With Quote