View Single Post
Old 11-21-2003, 09:20 AM   #6
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default RE:Spurs.. not scary anymore?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Shaq Attack2
Were the Spurs ever really scary? I mean really now, the Mavs didn't have Dirk for half the 2003 WCF, the Lakers had an injured Kobe and a fat Shaq, and the Kings probably should have been in the WCF (and surely would have beaten the Spurs) had Webber not injured his knee.

Maybe it's just me, but the only Spur that was ever "scary" was Tim Duncan. Maybe Manu and Parker will be scary in two years, but not this year, especially if most or every Western playoff powerhouse is healthy.

Therefore, the losses of Jackson, Kerr and Drob make them all the less scary, as those were huge role players for the Spurs at the right times last year. Horry is the Spurs only hope for coming through in the clutch besides Duncan.
Yes. The Spurs were scary. They had 2 7-footers that always gave the Mavs headaches. I don't know about you but I always felt that it would be only if the Mavs were hot would they beat the Spurs. Clearly, last night proved that even with a bad game, the Mavs can beat the Spurs now.