View Single Post
Old 11-21-2003, 09:39 AM   #8
Spurs Fan

Spurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Spurs.. not scary anymore?

First off, congratulations to your Mavs. They played a much better inside game than I thought they would. As usual, the Stork-man completely altered the flow of the game. His telephone-pole length arms and legs were a huge factor in tonights win, IMHO. To be honest, I haven't looked at any stats for the game, and while watching it, I wasn't paying detailed attention to the match-ups. I was mostly yelling at, and drinking beer with, my brother-in-law, who's a big Mavs fan. I will say this, though. I believe that Nash got the best of Parker last night, and I felt that was the key to the game.

Additionally, it looked like my Spurs where still out of sync. Ginobilli played with more reckless abandon than normal, and it cost him. This was, I'm sure, mostly due the the Mavs defensive schemes. The Spurs are still struggling when an opponents zone collapses on Duncan. Our outside shooting just plain sucks at this point in the year.

Once again, congratulations on a well-deserved win. I do think it's a little premature to write the Spurs off, though. I fully expect to see a different Spurs team come April, and I'm sure that the Mavs will continue to improve their cohesiveness, as well.

Just FYI concerning Mercer....Rumor is that he was playing for a roster spot last night. Although still injured, Pop doesn't appear to be too happy with his performance, particularly his J. My prediction is that as soon as Garcia is healthy (broken foot), Mercer goes on the IR and Garcia is the backup at the 1 spot.

All in all, it was one hell of a game...Always is....
Spurs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote