Old 11-22-2003, 07:12 PM   #36
thewillis12

thewillis12 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Spurs.. not scary anymore?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
Quote:
Originally posted by: TVI
The Mavs are more consistent so far this year. I'm still not sold on Walker. I didn't like him in Boston, and I hate him in Dallas. He scores a lot, but takes a billion shots to get there. I fell that he will hurt more than he will help. He is not the answer.

The Spurs are bringing in a lot of new faces, but right now, they're a roller coaster team. As evidenced by the pounding they gave Sucklanta tonight, The shooting is streaky. The consistency is not there yet, but when Parker and Manu are rolling, they are arguably the best team in the league. However, these young players are still learning how to play together. Last night, they sucked. Tonight, they were great.

It will take the Spurs a while this year to put it all together. Too many new roles are still being defined. But if they peak during the playoffs, they're as good as anyone. I think they love flying under the radar.
The one thing I really like about Walker right now is his ability to dribble the ball. He is probably the Mavs #1 slasher. Well, Nash really is but I mean in terms of size. I think eventually Walker will develop a drive and dish attitude similar to Nash. Teams will try to stop him from going to the basket and he'll find the open people in Nash, Fin or Dirk or even Jamison.
#1 slasher???? walker???? cmon now..... if jamison was given the chance than he would be there #1 post up player and slasher is GIVEN THE CHANCE. when walker goes cold than the mavs need to TAKE HIM OUT. anyone that watches basketball knows that jamison can score. why nellie dosnt give him a chance to is something i realy dont understand. i hope that jamison gets more min. in the future so that he wont get traded or anything. out of all the guys that came in through trades, jamison has the most potential to be good for this team.
thewillis12 is offline   Reply With Quote