View Single Post
Old 11-24-2003, 09:24 AM   #7
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default RE:Mav Starting Line

Quote:
Originally posted by: canadianpolak
I am really upset with what is happening. In the last 13 games, the Mavericks did not even try to put Antawn into the starting line up. Why not try C- Dirk, PF- Antawn, SF- Walker, SG- Fin, and PG- Nash. Theyre doing ok, 9-4, 2nd in the west, but they could be doing much better. Id rather have them find their footing with Antawn in the starting line up than have them try to find it in a less efficent way when he comes off the bench. Last night vs. Denver, they started Najera at C, who is smaller than Antawn, and not as good as a rebounder even. It's just too bad that they havent even tried it, for sure it could be argued against that Antawn should not start, but they should give it a shot. They have a new team this year, and they are planning in a really traditional fashion. Now what's up with them trying to get old man Davis from Toronto, CUBAN WAKE THE HELL UP, youre slipping since the trade buddy, your space man uniform SUCKED, your starting line up plus your line ups during the game need more revision and experimentation, and you're gonna make a deal that would really cost you, long-term and short. PEOPLE, i need your thoughts, why is there this trade rumor? How would Dallas benefit from getting Davis and losing Antawn and Delk....should Antawn be included in the starting line up? Lvubun1, great work with finding the link
http://www.82games.com, it supports for the Fab 5 starting line up
eg.
Unit
Nash-Finley-Jamison-Walker-Nowitzki
Min
8.38%
Off
Def
Net
W
L
Win%
eFG
eFGA
FTA
+0.9
Close
33%
dClose
33%
Reb
93%
T/O
+5%

Look at it in relativity to the other line ups, WAY better.
I think Nellie should at least try to start the Big 5 in a few games. We don't know how it will click since no one has seen it yet. What we have seen if that it worked in the second half of the Denver game. If the Big 5 doesn't get big leads in the first quarter, then maybe they should try something different. I would be willing to try a Big 5 starting lineup just to see what happens. Its still early in the season anyway.

By the way, canadianpolak, are you living in Canada?