View Single Post
Old 11-24-2003, 10:41 AM   #10
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Mav Starting Line

Nellie is pretty determined to make Jamison the sixth man of this team. Jamison will learn this new role and provide that offensive punch from the bench. If Dirk and/or Walker get into foul trouble, Nellie likes having that guy on the bench he can go to, thus Jamison.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jamison in the starting line-up, but I also see his value coming off the bench. I have no doubt that the Big 5 is our best line-up, but that doesn't mean that they should start the game. Nellie likes to play with match-ups and having Jamison as a type of trump card can be an advantage. It isn't our best defensive line-up, but certainly our best all-around.

As for trade rumors, I prefer to comment on them when and if they happen. So far, the Mavs management has not done a bad trade. At the very least it has come out even. They are opportunistic and whatever trade they make will usually improve this team (using history as proof).
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote