View Single Post
Old 11-24-2003, 04:03 PM   #23
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Mav Starting Line

Put me in the Stressboy camp.

It does matter who starts. If you think that the 5-star lineup is your best (and the early +/- numbers would support this), then you need to start them. Otherwise, it's hard to get them on the court at the same time for any significant minutes in the 1st half. By the time Nelson brings in Jamison, it's time to start resting the others.

The "Dirk should not play center" argument gets way too much play. He plays nothing like a center on offense so we can eliminate that part of the argument. On defense, when we are in man-to-man, Dirk will almost always play the weakest offensive player. On most teams that's the center. I would much rather have Dirk playing Center on defense than small forward. While his perimeter defense has improved, it still lags behind his post defense. I saw Chris Anderson blow by him untouched the other night. That shouldn't happen.

I also think this group enjoys playing with each other. They just seem to pick it up on both ends of the court when they are on the floor together. Saturday night was a perfect example. We go with an offensive lineup and Denver's fg% drops. Not because any of those guys are stoppers, but because they like playing together and the intensity seemed to pick up. If everybody is willing to chip in and do the little things, there's nothing wrong with having 5 scorers of the floor.