View Single Post
Old 11-25-2003, 09:26 AM   #23
mavsman

mavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:7'5" 300 pound center possibly going to the Mavericks??

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirkenstien
I havent read anything on Pavel being a clumsy player, infact throughout most of what I have read on him the majority of the praise he receives is for the mobility and coordination he displays. Also, at being 18 years of age i doubt knee problems will arise in the near future..perhaps in the latter years of his career this may become more of a concern. Another thing, if you can show me some information to back up your opinion on the guy's vertical leap then I may be persuaded but until then I have a hard time believing it can be as bad as you claim it to be.
We just have to agree to disagree. You think he's great, because you read a lot about him and formed a second-hand opinion. I actually saw him play three times live over the last two years and a couple more times on TV and saw that he drops the ball a lot and can't jump. I'm sure he'll be able to get better in these areas, but his coach actually plays him less this season than the season before, so it might even take longer than expected.
So to answer the question in your initial posting: The fault of this maneuver would be that we traded away somebody who could help for sombody who needs help.
mavsman is offline   Reply With Quote