Thread: Fortson
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 02:36 AM   #26
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future
Default RE:Fortson

Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
My question about Fortson is when will he get rid of the "potatoe" nick lol. If it doesn't go after 13 boards in 17 minutes then it never will lol.
As a supporter of Danny's, I was at first offended on his behalf (suppose we should probably blame Cuban and those shiny uniforms - i think that's how it started), but it's kind of grown on me. I'm certainly open to suggestions for other nicknames, though. He's certainly earning our respect out on the court.

I dont feel this name is offensive, it is derived from a classic and quite hallarious quote made on this forum that happened to give birth to a simple name that more or less was meant to describe Fortson's physique while in the silver opening night uniforms. Although in the quote the term was most likely meant to be offensive the name now carries not an offensive gesture towards Fortson but a good story of how he was once percieved and how that perception has evolved over the course of his being on this team as well as his respectable comeback of recognition to this league. The "Potato" is only understood by the members of the dallas-mavs.com forum and although this name is somewhat rediculous, it in an eccentric type of way unites the mavs fans of this forum a little more while also providing a piece of history, a memory if you will, that we may all stumble upon one day and reminiscently laugh.

Long Live the Potato!![img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote