View Single Post
Old 11-28-2003, 09:26 PM   #12
drummer

drummer is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Fortson suspended 3 games

From a Phx. Fan.....

By the responses I've read on here all I can say is you have got to be kidding me???

The obvious two handed push to the back while another player is in the air going for a dunk can not only break a players wrist, it can break their freakin neck. Your boy Fortsen should be ashamed for his actions. He actually got off quite easy. Only three games, no fine???

If this would have been any of your players you would have been screaming if one of our players only got 3 games. Fortsen is known for this type of play and no, that kind of play doesn't make your team tougher. You can play tough without taking someones legs out from under them while going up for a dunk. ESPECIALLY WHEN THE GAME IS TOTALLY OVER WITH TWO MIN. LEFT!!!! It was a bullshit play on his part and you know it!!!

Zarko is a promising young player. In his first start as a rookie he had 17 pts, (would have been 19), and 9 boards. I heard it wasn't a bad break to his shooting hand, but it could have been career threatening if it was a bad break. There's been nba players in the past that have broken their wrist and never shot the same again. Hopefully he can bounce back from this. If you think playing like this way and possibly ruining a players career is the way to play ball you have a lot to learn!!

I would never condone any such action by one of our players to yours. IT WOULD MAKE ME SICK!! You people should be ashamed condoneing such actions. Viewing it as making your team "tougher" is not only disturbing, it is a sign of poor sportsmanship.

I only hope and pray that our boy Jahidi doesn't retaliate the next game with the Mavs. That would only put him in the same category as your thug Fortsen.
drummer is offline   Reply With Quote