View Single Post
Old 11-29-2003, 05:20 PM   #27
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Fortson suspended 3 games

Quote:
Originally posted by: drummer
I'm sure if your sixth man, who is it, Jamison?, went to the hole on a break, took off for a dunk and one of our players were to push him 10' out of bounds behind the basket and break his wrist, you wouldn't be looking at our player as playing tough!!!! You would be saying is was a bullshit coward poor sport defensive play. Fortsen got beat and he couldn't take it so he pushes him while in the air. What the hell was he thinking???

Fortsen had no intent on making a defensive play. His only goal was to put him on the ground. What's really sad is the game was over at the time. There's no place in hoops for that kind of play. It was an obvious intentional act of violence toward another player, plain and simple.

Fortsen said he didn't mean to hurt him. What else do you think would happen when you push a guy at the mid section flying full throttle with his head 10' in the air?

Pesonally, I've watched a lot of hoops and never seen anything like it. I've seen hard fouls where a player comes DOWN hard on someone, I've seen many fights in the heat of battle and elbows thrown, but I've never seen someone not even try to make an effort to stop the ball and push someone while that high in the air.

I can't believe some of you regard this as tough play. I even read where someone wrote and I quote,, "Maybe this will make another player think twice about taking it to the hole against us from now on instead of just getting a slap on the wrist" What a fucking MORON!!!! Another quote stated that they thought 3 games was too severe!!!!

Let's see how you feel some night when Dirk or Antwoin go up for a dunk and get their legs taken out from under them ON PURPOSE and they break their arm, out for the majority of the season. Or worse yet break their neck.

True, some of you don't condone it, but some of you idiots think it was a display of "tough play". We'll see some day when it happens to one of your key players how you think it's tough play. You'l want the guys nuts as well.

I'm out.

Why do you keep telling us how we will feel if one of our players were hurt? They weren't so why do you keep bringing that up? I'm sure alot of us would have differnet opinions if one of our players were hurt but they weren't. Zarko got hurt. It's unfortunate but complaining and bitching about it isn't going to change a thing. Fortson made a bad mistake. Who hasn't admited this? Zarko is not one of your key players so quit protesting it. If he was he wouldn't have been in the game the time he was.

And no you haven't watched much hoops and you may haven't even watched many Suns games because you would remember the play about 3 years ago when John Starks flipped Shawn Marion over his back and Marion had to go to the hospital on a stretcher.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote