View Single Post
Old 12-01-2003, 02:30 PM   #45
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Fortson suspended 3 games

This article just shows that Cuban is in this for himself and not the good of the game. When one of his players gets injured on a legal play, he whines and cries. When one of his own players breaks a guy's wrist in one of the most blatant cheap shots I've ever seen, he plays it off as just another part of the game. I've lost a lot of respect for Cuban because of this. I used to admire his desire to make the league better. His double-talk on this issue makes it clear to me that he just wants what's best for himself. Every time he cries about the officiating, I'll know he's just looking for a scapegoat for a Mavericks loss. Everytime he proposes a rule change, I'll know it's because he thinks his team got shafted. Every time he opens his big mouth, I'll suspects it's purely self-serving.

What ever happened to looking out for your peers? Jerry's team was the victim of a player who's blatant disregard for the rules virtually ended a promising young player's first NBA season. This completely blatant and disgusting cheap-shot is costing the Suns and it's owner, dearly. Yet Cuban is NOT diciplining his player at ALL. However, in the same sentence in which he defend's Fortson, he manages to both criticize Coangelo for being upset, AND blame the league for Dirk's nagging ankle injury. Shameful.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote