View Single Post
Old 12-01-2003, 06:11 PM   #61
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Fortson suspended 3 games

Quote:
I have to disagree, KG. If you want to make changes you have to take advantage of the opportunities that present themselves. I don't blame Cuban in the slightest for trying to harness this. It's a very savvy thing to do, and it's how things get accomplished.
Where you and I differ is that you think that Cuban's complaints were in some way related to the complaints made by Colangelo. They weren't. If Cuban was commenting on a related issue that he had a complaint about, that might be something. But he tried to turn a complaint about one specific hard foul into an excuse to bitch about the Olympics and weakside charging calls, neither of which were even on topic. You call that taking advantage of an opportunity. I call it changing the subject.

Quote:
As for the charge rule stuff specifically, I don't see the problem. The team's trying to win, and they would be negligent if they didn't do everything possible within the rules of the game. Cuban and Nellie (who also feels that the charge rules should be changed, though his proposed solution is different) can lobby for the rules to be altered all they want, but unless the rest of the league decides they're going to voluntarily stop trying to draw these secondary charges I would neither ask nor expect the Mavericks to stop doing it on their own. Similarly, if they feel the rules should be changed, I don't see why they shouldn't try to get them changed.
If you're going to complain about a rule being dangerous to the players, how can you advocate taking advantage of that rule UNLESS you don't really care about the health of the players at all?