View Single Post
Old 12-04-2003, 04:27 PM   #15
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:How About This Trade: No Trade For Awhile

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Uberfan I'd do that in a heart beat. I'd also turn around and try and trade away Ricky Davis at the 1st opportunity. But worst case we're only stuck with his big salary for the rest of the year, and there's always room on the IR. Delk and the Potato for Mihm is still a good deal talent wise. Both Delk and the Potato are undersized for the positions we need them to play. Mihm isn't. Mihm fulfills a need. Neither the Potato or Delk does. And who knows, we might be able to get something trading Ricky Davis' sorry ass.
Delk and Fotson can help Cleveland. With Mihm gone Cavs are undermanned at PF. Fortson helps there. Delk plays a little PG for Cavs and let wonderboy play SG.

ZYou could do a 3-way and include Knicks. Davis goes to NY and we take back Doleac and Othella Harrington.

So we trade Delk and Fortson and end up with Mihm, Harrington, Doleac. Takes care of our front line pretty good this year. Mihm, Bradley, Doeac at the 5. Backups of Harrington at C/PF. Najera at C/PF/SF.

Only problem is that it pushes Daniels to IR.

Cleveland get Delk and Fortson.

Knicks get Davis as a swingman SG/SF.

However, I think I wouldn't mind having Davis here for awhile. Nellie could play him at the 3 the times he insist on Fin playing the 2. Or he could force Nellie to leave Fin at 2 and use Davis at the 3 at times. Anyway, Davis is young with enough talent and decent enough contract to move later for a younger PG to develop if they do not see Daniels as a future PG.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote