View Single Post
Old 12-05-2003, 01:16 AM   #6
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Poll: Should Tony Delk start any more games this year?

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Doesn't really matter to me. He may start the game but he won't end up with more minutes then Jamison and its looking like Howard also. He surely wasn't the reason we started off slow tonight. He is a good shooter and defender. It's not hurting us for us to start him. I don't agree with it but it surely hasn't lost us games this year.

I bet you anything that if we had started Howard or Jamison instead of Delk that we'd have had a much better start. He's a good defender for being a midget. But Howard is better. And in case you didn't notice Fin had a horrible game. Starting him off out of position sure didn't help. We got down real quick and didn't get any momentum until Delk's sorry ass went out of the game. Don't get me wrong, Tony's fine to come off the bench against other teams 2nd tear players. He will get us burned going consistantly against the top tier players in the NBA, especially the Lakers. No starting Delk put us in a big hole and put us behind the eight ball to begin the game. We never got out.

I know exactly what Nellie's attentions on starting Delk this game were. Or atleast I think I do. He had in his mind that they could keep up with the Lakers in points and then put in Bradley and Howard to kind of runaway with the lead. This would've worked if we would've atleast been down in single digits. This team was once down by 4 and just couldn't get it done tonight. They should be ashamed. There were more than 5 times they could've caught back up this game and didn't take advantage. Delk didn't play more minutes then Jamison nor Howard tonight. I just don't have a problem with starting a guy who won't see many minutes a night anyway unless he is lucky. Him starting is not losing the Mavs games. It's the Mavs who need to get their head on straight. I know we were without Dirk but we were missing layups consistently and open jumpers. This isn't Mav like until we face the Lakers. Every year this occurs.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote