View Single Post
Old 12-05-2003, 02:09 AM   #10
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Questions/Observations about the Lakers/Mavs game.

Quote:
Originally posted by: View Sonic
You guys still have the same problem. You need a C, and a commitment on the defensive end. Otherwise, it will be the same problem against Shaq and the Lakers time and again. The playoffs are geared for the half court. Until you play defense, get a legitimate C, and learn to execute in the half court during crunch (i.e. playoffs) you'll only go so far. You guys have already taken a step back with the chemistry issues, and influx of new players, but that core issue still remains.
I don't agree because last year the Mavs showed that junk defenses can work against dominant post players. While the Mavs didn't become a defensive powerhouse last year but Nellie was able to throw alot of junk defense at the Spurs and really disrupted the Spurs inside game. While Shaq is a much better passer out of the double team than TD, I think mixing it up on the Lakers is the way to go but I agree that there doesn't seem to be an emphasis or DESIRE to execute the defensive schemes Nellie employs. It takes a tougher mindset to buckle down on D, the Mavs just don't seem to have that mindset. They're not chopped liver on defense, it's just going to take MORE intensity and dedication from the players they already have to improve their D.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote