View Single Post
Old 12-05-2003, 09:11 AM   #3
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:Hypothetical: Reevaluating the Mavs FA signings

To be accurate, you need to change your poll. Only Best in the group you have here was a FA. You should have Best, Daniels, Steffanson.

But putting that aside, ever since the Walker trade and Nellie talking about he finally got the point forward he wanted, I have wondered why Malone wouldn't have been considered a point forward by Nellie.

I liked the GS trade because I thought, finally we have the SF we needed. Ever since the Rashard flirtations I felt we needed a real SF. We got one in Jamison. We got help with the drafting of Howard. Then we went and got another good one in Walker.

And we started Finley at SF last night. Delk is not NVE. Someone please explain to me the rationale of Delk starting at the 2 and Fin at 3 when we have everyone but Dirk relatively healthy.

Someone explain to me why Danny Fortson has to have his "rythym" to lean on Shaq for more than 4 minutes. Was he supposed to dance with him? What does not having his rythym have to do with anything? Yes, Najera is a warrior and showed no fear. But it wouldn't have hurt to give him as little more help on Shaq.

When Dirk comes back put the best 5 on the floor to start the game. Period. Delk and Howard come off the bench when you need some defensive pressure on the perimeter. Bradley off the bench for the middle. Najera off the bench when you just want to drive the other C/PF/SF nuts.

Make Walker play closer to the basket. Bench him if he even gets close to 3 point land for now. I don't care if you call Dirk the Center or Walker the C, it's immaterial what they are called. Play the best 5 and then substitute as needed.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote