View Single Post
Old 12-05-2003, 09:26 AM   #1
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default Nellie's toss... Tactic or cop out?

Nellie has a penchant for getting throw out of games. I think in the beginning, when he started with the Mavs, it was a great emotional tool. Now, it just looks like a sorry excuse to leave the game. Last night, when Nellie got tossed, the team was down by 11 and were down 12 after the tech. I didn't look like the Mavs needed any motivation as they were already trying hard. Too hard in my opinion. Was it for the refs? Maybe but it didn't help much did it? From now on, Nellie should not allow himself to be thrown out of the game. Its his responsibility as a coach to see the game to its end. What would Nellie feel if Nash, Dirk or Finley got themselves thrown out because they were frustrated? Seems like he abandoned his team last night.