View Single Post
Old 12-05-2003, 09:31 AM   #3
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default RE:Mavs Merely pretenders

Quote:
Originally posted by: Maringa
The Laker/National media have the right to ridicule the Mavs, and I hope they keep doing it. Officiating aside, the Mavs played pitiful and without any pride. This is 5 games in a row where we wimpered and cowered towards the Lakers. It was so obvious! I could have handled losing a hard fought and emotional game, but last night's effort was disgusting. The Lakers showed me that they are a good team, but they were beatable last night.

Good article, I hope to see many more of these until the Mavs prove them wrong....
I disagree, the Mavs fought hard. I think they wanted to win so badly that it affected their game mentally and emotionally. I don't see how the Mavs pride can be questioned from last nights game. They fought and battled but the shots weren't just going in. They could have won if they shot better but that's for another game. The Mavs had a lot of open looks that they usually make. They just weren't falling. The first game at LA looked like a heartless effort. I think this game, they thought they could win and they wanted to win. I have no complaints about the effort. The Lakers are a good team and if they lose to the Lakers, its because they are better.