Thread: The Solution
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2003, 04:02 PM   #44
Cybertx

Cybertx is on a distinguished road
Default RE:The Solution

Quote:
Originally posted by: Charlie Brown
put walker in the trade instead of jamison . . .

i still don't understand why a lot of fans think walker's good for us . . . he's shooting 42% from the floor (which is actually GOOD considering his career numbers) and shooting like 28% from 3pt line . . . and i can't see either figure getting much better . . .

when you have too many stars on the team, there are not enough balls to go around, so the key is to make sure you have efficient scorers as opposed to volume scorers . . . walker and finley are volume scorers and i think having one (finley) is enough . . . nash, nowitzki, and jamison are efficient scorers

i also point to the plus/minus figures, which although not perfect, is still pretty telling . . . walker is freakin 10th on the team in terms of +/- . . . i think that's horrible for a guy who supposedly makes players around him better . . .

http://www.82games.com/0304DAL.HTM

i've never liked walker or nellie . . . i say get rid of them both

and this is the rotation i use

PG Steve Nash Travis Best
SG Josh Howard Michael Finley
SF Antawn Jamison Michael Finley
PF Dirk Nowitzki Eduardo Najera
C Rasheed Wallace Shawn Bradley
I agree but i will use najera in SF that was his pos. in college and Fortson in PF that would be a really good def. bench and with finley in there he can shoot everything(even if he miss like yesterday)
Cybertx is offline   Reply With Quote