View Single Post
Old 12-08-2003, 06:18 PM   #16
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Poll: What Mavs through the end of Calendar year will signify the team is in serious trouble?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
If we win against Lakers, Wolves and Kings, I wouldn't mind to be 16-14.

If we lose against those teams -even being on the road- and win the other 7, finishing with 20-10, I won't be any happy.
Chiwas each of those games will be especially difficult. All will be on the road were we're only winning 25% of our games so far. In addition:

1. Lakers - we'll either be w/o Dirk or just getting a rusty Dirk back. Not to mention the single longest losing streak on an opponent's home floor in the NBA. Top it with Nellie's attitude towards the Lakers and this one will take a miracle and a half for us to pull off.

2. TWolves - will be on the 2nd night of a back-to-back. We stink both on the road and in back-to-backs. This one will be incredibly tough to pull off. It's likely dirk will still be sporting some major rust in this game as well. This one is a lot more possible than the one against the Lakers, but I'd make the TPuppies a serious favorite.

3. Kings - One of the hardest places to win on the road in the NBA. We get to try it on Christmas day. Probably best chance of the three but still not a good one. The Kings should be especially up for this game. The Mavs have a history of not showing up for these types of games.

I'm estatic if we go 1 and 3 against these opponents. If we go 2 and 3 I'll probably wet my pants. If we go 3 and 3, well I might start looking for the 2nd coming to happen any day.