View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 09:59 AM   #1
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road
Default A "Would Ya" trade with Chicago

Let me start off by saying...I think we all know that the team that is presently constructed has little to no chance of winning a championship. We are a heavy gaurd/forward team with dire need of a low post body. And I'm sorry, Shawn Bradley will not cut it, not while Duncan and Shaq are roaming the middle. So I looked around and tried to find a team the was heavy with low post players and a team that may be looking to deal coming the trade deadline..and I came up with Chicago..

*note that this trade could not take place until Feb. 1, 2004..because of the Bulls recent addition of Jerome W.

Chicago trades: SF Eddie Robinson (4.7 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 1.4 apg in 18.8 minutes)
PF Jerome Williams (5.6 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 0.8 apg in 27.3 minutes)
PG Jay Williams
C Eddy Curry (14.1 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 1.1 apg in 31.2 minutes)

Chicago receives: PG Tony Delk (8.6 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 0.8 apg in 14 games)
SF Eduardo Najera (3.8 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 0.5 apg in 19 games)
SG Michael Finley (16.0 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 3.0 apg in 19 games)

First off, this is not another "lets find a way to dump Finley". It looks like Howard is primed for more minutes with his recent play and by moving Finley would open that up for him. Also it would give more backup minutes to Daniels who looks like a player himself. We get younger and quicker with a better emphasis on defense with the removal of Finley and promotion of Howard. I'm a HUGE Michael Finley fan but you have to see the writing on the wall and know that one day soon Howard needs to get playing time and it has to be at the expense of Finley.

Why Dallas does this trade:

The center piece of the trade for Dallas is Eddy Curry. Even though he is still young he has that big body that the mavs need in the low post. He hasn't shown much of a defensive presence yet, but the kid is still a project and needs some years behind him. I like this kid alot and could be the answer that the mavs have been waiting for.. for the next 12 years. We also would get a really feisty veteren in Jerome Williams. He would replace Najera as that player who comes in to give that energy and defensive hustle off the bench. The other two players are contracts that the Mavs eat in Eddie Robinson and the injured Jay Williams. Robinson could see some time off the bench but we would be lucky to receive anything from Jay Williams. The Mavs have the luxury to stash Jay on IR until and if he recovers fully from his injury.

Why Chicago does this trade:

The Bulls and the media in Chicago have always tried to figure out a way to get the Finley back to his hometown of Chicago and Dallas may be primed to let that happen. The Bulls have an abundance of low post players and even though it would hurt to lose the young Curry it wouldn't hurt that bad to get back a seasoned verteren like Finley to add to the backcourt. They basically trade an old Jerome Williams with a young energetic Najera who would be an instant fan favorite off the bench. And to make the money match they take back a clutch shooter in Delk who would bring instant offense off the bench. Plus they get to dump Jay Williams with Hinrich primed to be the future at PG.

Updated roster for Dallas:

PG: Nash - Best
SG: Howard - Daniels
SF: Walker - Jamison - Robinson
PF: Nowitzki - Je. Williams
C: Curry - Bradley - Fortson

IR: TAW - Jay Williams - Steffanson

Updated roster for Chicago:

PG: Crawford - Hinrich
SG: Finley - Gill - Johnson
SF: Pippen - Najera - Jefferies
PF: Chandler - Fizer