View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 01:23 PM   #9
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Jamison for Martin/Zo?

Mark has said that if the Mavs win the championship this year he'd sign AW to a long term contract. If he can afford to do that, he could afford to sign KMart to a long term contract. No reason to assume that money would be an obstacle.

I'd probably do this trade. We're just not using AJ, and at this point I've lost my optimism that that will change. KMart's a better defender/shot-blocker/rebounder, not as good at creating his own shot, his mid-range to outside jumper is roughly on par with AJ's. We'd have to start him, but I'd feel quite comfortable starting a lineup of Steve, Mike, AW, Dirk, and KMart, and I'd venture to say that lineup would be better than our current one. Not sure New Jersey would want to take on AJ's contract (since it's roughly the same as what KMart will be wanting next year, just with the first couple years already paid out), but they could sure use someone who can score in the half-court set.