View Single Post
Old 12-21-2003, 01:16 AM   #16
thewillis12

thewillis12 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:AJ/Best for Afro/Cato

Quote:
Originally posted by: Jeremiah
Cato has grown on me. He's not the post scorer, but he plays decent defense, and he's athletic. If he came, he'd get his points on alley oops. He gets nearly 2bpg too. He's not going to score in bunches, but he's a C, and he'd allow Dirk to be at the 4, and Toine at the 3. Plus, it gives guys like Fin and Toine more shots. It gets rid of Best, who I don't think is doing that well, and keeps Delk, who I think is a great 6th man. There's no chance for controversy here with AJ getting his minutes in Htown, who just happen to need a starting 3. Or, since Mo likes to face up, a 3 that plays the post, and a 4(Mo) that shoots jumpers. It might not look to be a very shrewd deal, but I think it would allow the Mavs to not have to worry about shots so much. Plus, it'd give them a legit C. Would Houston do it? I don't know.

Oh, I'm not high on Moochie, but he had to be included for the salaries to work, and I know Htown doesn't really like him either.

Dallas trades: SF Antawn Jamison (14.5 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 1.1 apg in 29.3 minutes)
PG Travis Best (3.3 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 2.1 apg in 14.3 minutes)
Dallas receives: PG Moochie Norris (2.5 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.9 apg in 14.0 minutes)
C Kelvin Cato (5.7 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 28.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -9.6 ppg, +1.2 rpg, and -0.5 apg.

Houston trades: PG Moochie Norris (2.5 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.9 apg in 14.0 minutes)
C Kelvin Cato (5.7 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 28.2 minutes)
Houston receives: SF Antawn Jamison (14.5 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 1.1 apg in 24 games)
PG Travis Best (3.3 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 2.1 apg in 23 games)
Change in team outlook: +9.6 ppg, -1.2 rpg, and +0.5 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Dallas and Houston being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Dallas and Houston had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
"Plus, it gives guys like Fin and Toine more shots"

excuse me.....do you realy want toine and fin to take more shots???!!! think for just a moment on who you are talking about.
thewillis12 is offline   Reply With Quote