View Single Post
Old 02-12-2002, 03:14 PM   #5
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Nelson was asked a couple of weeks ago if the Mavs had any interest in Pack. That answer was a definitive "no". According to Nelson, Pack's style doesn't mix well with what the Mavs want: i.e. a point guard that distributes the ball and shoots from the outside. Plus, I have the feeling the Mavs want to groom a younger point guard to step in after Timmy leaves. The Mavs probably looked at Satterfield and Cook long enough to tell that they had no real future in the NBA. They were basically forced to sign Bell to a longer term contract because you can't have players on 10 days on the I.R. When Finley came back, they needed to put him on the active roster...

However, if Nash or Timmy goes down to injury, I gotta think the Mavs would need to pick up a veteran PG. As much as Nelson doesn't like Pack, he is one of the best unsigned vets at the position.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote