View Single Post
Old 12-29-2003, 03:41 PM   #70
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:R.I.P. To 'The Big Three'

Quote:
I'd like to see Walker's shots reduced as mentioned above, and then I'd like to see roleplayers like Howard and particularly Delk shoot less. If you took 3.2 shots from Walker, 1 from Howard and 2 from Delk, you could get Nowitzki to 18 FGA/game, Nash to 13 FGA/game, and Jamison to 14 FGA/game. Then you'd be in business.
How about taking 3.4 shots from from Best. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Seriously, I like your plan. I do think the Mavs need to focus more on getting their more efficient scorers a higher percentage of the shots we take. Of course means the least efficient scorers are the best to give up the shots. I really don't want people not taking good shots when we're breaking, but if it's not a good shot then we shouldn't take it just because we want to break. And in the halfcourt we need to become more diciplined at getting our most efficient scorers shots. This is the chief place that the Walkers, Delk's, and Howard's need to pass on shots to get our efficient scorers the shots instead.