View Single Post
Old 12-29-2003, 04:57 PM   #38
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road
Default RE: I know Dallas would do this

to begin where we left off last night...

Quote:
PFuzz, i don't think Walker can get much better than this. He still make sloppy turnovers and bad decision. One thing that's making him look better is the fact that Jamison has had good games as of late. And when i saw Jamison do so well against Sacramento, and then do bad against an ever worse defense of Memphis, it was clear that ultimately, there's not room big enough for the Toine's. Because in the Sacramento game, when Jamison had a good first half, Walkers numbers suffered.
I've also seen Dirk improve over the past couple of game. And in the games that Dirk's played well, it was Walker's game who suffered. That's how i came to the conclusion that Jamison and Dirk will have better seasons if Walker left.[/quote]

When one of the big five gets hot and takes over, the others' scoring totals will suffer. If one were to leave, the others' numbers get better. It's common sense and I'm not disputing that.
What I'm saying is that you put too much stock in that. It won't necessarily translate into more wins.

Walker WAS a turnover machine, but his turnovers are down to the point where he averages less than Nash does. In memphis he made some very nice passes, including one where he went up for a shot, decided AGAINST THE BAD SHOT and passed to Jamison who was right on his heels. Dirk is getting better with every game now, and Walker may be losing points, but he's getting closer to the triple double.
I think these 5 guys are classy and team oriented enough to live with slight decreases in numbers, and each one will grow into his own niche as the season goes on, and the turnovers will keep going down as walker starts making better decisions and the rest of the team gets more familiar with the offensive sets and plays.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote