View Single Post
Old 12-29-2003, 07:41 PM   #17
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Dirk and Walker

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
V, I'm sure his argument has much more to do with the fact that dirk is simply a more talented player than Walker. If Dirk's not putting up better numbers than Walker, then the Mavs aren't getting enough contribution from their best player. I really don't think it has anything to do with the MVP voting or anything like that.

Dirk is a more talented player by a decent margin. He needs to perform to that level. If he doesn't, the Mavs are screwed. If he does perform to his capabilities, the gap in statistics between him and Walker will be significant.
See... this is where I think you are wrong. I think Walker has as much potential as Dirk. The question is... will he ever figure out how to use it. Walkers performance against the Lakers in the Staples win rivaled any performance I have seen of Dirk's... but can he do it in the playoffs? that is the question. If so I would say his value is right there with Dirk's
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote