Thread: Dirk and Walker
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2003, 09:03 PM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dirk and Walker

Quote:
Originally posted by: ReDIRKulous
Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
V, I'm sure his argument has much more to do with the fact that dirk is simply a more talented player than Walker. If Dirk's not putting up better numbers than Walker, then the Mavs aren't getting enough contribution from their best player. I really don't think it has anything to do with the MVP voting or anything like that.

Dirk is a more talented player by a decent margin. He needs to perform to that level. If he doesn't, the Mavs are screwed. If he does perform to his capabilities, the gap in statistics between him and Walker will be significant.
See... this is where I think you are wrong. I think Walker has as much potential as Dirk. The question is... will he ever figure out how to use it. Walkers performance against the Lakers in the Staples win rivaled an performance I have seen of Dirk's... but can he do it in the playoffs? that is the question. If so I would say his value is right there with Dirk's

If you believe that Walker has as much potential as Dirk,.....there's really nothing that I can say for you. There's really no reason to ever discuss basketball with you again...no reason to read your opinions...no reason to acknowledge you whatsoever when it comes to b'ball

As for Walker having the ability to almost average a triple double, I think 6.5-7.0 would be about the tops for him in the assists category especially with Nash on this team...
but, that's just my opinion. However, 12 points, 6.5 assists, and 9-10 boards would be absolutely great.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote