View Single Post
Old 02-16-2002, 08:29 PM   #26
Joe Joe
Banned

Joe Joe is on a distinguished road

Umm if I remember right Leon Smith had no choice but to go pro. There was no maybe he can go to college for a few years and develop. This kid had no 1 to see after him, and going to college was not a option. I am pretty sure if he had the chance to go to college he probably would. The avg young black kid is not as mature as the avd white kid, I am sure we are in agreement on that. The avg black kid is not only going to be younger but more than likely will come from a family that didn't have much growing up. Leon Smith didn't have much, hell he had nothing. They stuck him in this new city with alot and trusted him to behave the way a regular kid would. He did not have the past of a regular kid. I think we all know this could have been avoided if the kid was provided with some care, and Leon Smith did not get that. How can you say he had to be held responsible, he was 18 in a new city all by his lonesome? What in the hell did you expect him really to do, I knew he was going to fold. Hell any man would fold with all went on with him, and the lack of support he got from the Mavs.
Joe Joe is offline   Reply With Quote