View Single Post
Old 12-31-2003, 10:17 AM   #25
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Blazers Desperate To Dump Wallace (Dallas Mentioned)

I realize this is a trade board, so the object of the game is to come up with different trades and then discuss. There are some offered here that are definitely attractive. However, I still believe this team as currently constituted will still be fine without a trade this year. They need time to fill-out some roles, and the good thing is this team right now has guys that are willing to fill any role in the name of winning.

Bringing Rasheed (though a talented guy) is too disruptive to that process. I believe he would not just "shut up and play", it's not in his nature and he said so himself in a recent quote. So, for almost any price, I wouldn't do this trade. The missing piece to Dallas' championship puzzle is NOT Rasheed Wallace. It would be someone with similar skills but without the disruptive nature. For example, Elton Brand or a sober Vin Baker. A b-level fringe star that will do the dirty work and post up too.

So, look elsewhere I say.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote