View Single Post
Old 12-31-2003, 02:26 PM   #51
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough
Default RE:My Verdict - Long!!!

Quote:
Regarding not knowing how long you can play that sort of defense, please see Ron Artest last night versus LeBron, (while he had a good first quarter, Artest was draped over him the entire game and played great defense the entire game) - DEFENSE!!! I know this is not something that ANYONE can do, but it is something that I expect a defensive stopper to do, which is all I said Finley was NOT... He just seems to really pick it up at times, and can really become emotional, but as a team, the Mavericks really need to see that consistently... I will say that it is very hard to guard these great shooting Bucks though...
i didn't see the game with artest, so i can't argue very well here, but the link you sent me said:

Quote:
James finished with 22 points, 10 rebounds and four assists in 38 minutes but he couldn't shake free in the fourth quarter from Artest, who was draped all over him.
so it sounds like artest played spectacular fourth quarter defense, which is what finley did last night. lebron had a very good first quarter and was quiet the rest of the game...redd had a very good third quarter and was quiet the rest of the game. and most of redd's points came off three-pointers, even some that finley contested as well as you can, not driving past finley.

now, i am not saying that fin should make the all-defensive team or anything. i just think that he can be, and has been for most of this season, a good to very good defensive player.