View Single Post
Old 01-05-2004, 04:19 PM   #5
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: The Official "Knicks to the Lottery" Thread

I can understand why some of you would think this trade is a TERRIBLE trade for NY and a GREAT trade for Phoenix, but I must say, Phoenix gave away a great role/bench player AND arguably a top 3-5 point guard, (pretty damn hard to come by), for two PG failures, a has-been that MIGHT become 80% of what he once was, some possibilities, some money, and two picks... Sure the picks hurt, and this truly would have been a DAMN GOOD trade for NY were they not thrown in, but come on people... If a team with a terrible cap situation doesnt mind spending the extra dollars, dont knock them for doing it... Look at us for a second will ya... Were we not giving shit to get BETTER players that would hit us harder in the cap expense... Especially if we pay players like Nash and Walker...

All I am saying is they have a potent lineup... A lineup that I would be proud to be a fan of - FINALLY - in NY... Marbury running the show with Houston, Van Horn, Thomas - (both he and Van Horn might still get traded for different talent), and Mutombo - who is a center we are salivating over now fresh from his TEN block performance...

Simply said, they arent terrible, and a post regarding them lottery bound is ridiculous... They WILL make the playoffs this year... They are something like TWO games out of the 8th spot now... Come on everyone... THINK!!! Most of you hate Thomas and NY in general, which is causing all of this rubbish to get posted on this and other threads... But again, THINK!!!